Monday, March 9, 2009

Before work


This morning, I had a little extra time before work because of a teacher in-service that didn't start until 10:00 am. What a luxury compared to the usual Monday mornings which start at 7:30 am! I took a walk in the pollen-filled air already making sleep at night more difficult than usual. So many colors are emerging all over my neighborhood which is ripe with azaleas, dogwoods, red buds, and forsythia. These are the ostentatious plants.

My Japanese maple is currently a little more subtle, though it is also showing signs of new life. Little rosy buds are starting to form where leaves will one day unfurl. As I documented the color changes of its brilliant autumn changes, I plan to capture the greening of this tree this spring.

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." -- Frank LLoyd Wright

I think so, too.

No comments: