Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Framing



These photos were taken at Sarah Campbell's Ask For More Arts workshop for teachers in Jackson Public Schools held on September 25, 2009, at the Mississippi Museum of Art. You can read more about the workshop here.

The first photo uses the frames from one of the chairs at which we sat in our groups. The second photo shows Sarah and a teacher sharing information from a small group activity. I like the frame of the entrance to the museum's "The Mississippi Story" gallery as the backdrop. The third photo is of a Casey Elementary teacher trying out her paper frame with the frame of the projection screen in the background.

I was excited to discover that many teachers are using photography in their classrooms either for documentation or for arts integrated classroom activities such as writing prompts. Out of 29 photos, I would only use 7 or 8 of mine for documentation or some other purpose such as a newsletter or blog. I learned how to use the burst feature on my camera, and I was encouraged that I have already been practicing some of Sarah's recommendations for classroom photography.

Thank you, Sarah, for a great workshop!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: