Sunday, July 4, 2010

Finishing

One of my main goals for the summer is to clean out and organize the house from top to bottom. Ambitious, I know, but I have started!

Is it cheating if in the process of organizing and cleaning out my knitting stash and supplies (previously scattered in 5 different places) I decided to actually finish some projects? The first finish was my socks. Then, I wove in the ends to five washcloths, fingerless mits, and a log cabin blanket. Then, I frogged several flawed projects from my early knitting days to reclaim some nice yarn. Then, I felted (instead of frogging) a largish, circular, rug I made during Hurricane Katrina. Then, I decided to look for a good sweater pattern to knit as my first sweater: thinking of this one. Any other suggestions?

I'm definitely and hopelessly diverted, but I did gather all of my knitting supplies in one place, and I discovered a leak behind a wall (the shower?) that warped some floorboards beneath boxes full of stuff. You never know where finishing a bunch of old projects will lead. This time, weaving in ends = calling a plumber.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jen said...

I've had my eye on the Tea Leaves Cardigan, too - looks like a good first pattern to try. The pattern is available for younger folks, too...perhaps a mom and daughter set? :)