Saturday, April 3, 2010

Here We Are

I confessed to a friend on Good Friday that Easter is not my favorite holiday. It never seems like I am ready for Easter, and April/May are usually busy months already packed with school and work activities beyond the normal load. Here we are.


From looking at what I did today, however, you might think I like Easter-- just a little bit. I have to admit that digging down and making the traditions happen by dyeing eggs with my son, baking hot-cross buns with my daughter, readying the clothes, cleaning away the pollen, and taking the obligatory photos of the children did change my mood a little. We planted hard red wheat grass in small containers last Saturday. Today we have festive green spots throughout the house. We've enjoyed watching it grow all week.



So, here we are. Maybe the tradition of Easter Vigil will also carry me closer to where I need to be.


No comments: