Thursday, June 3, 2010

Spider Colony




The lamp in my foyer is home to a colony of small spiders. It looks like all of Charlotte's babies drifted to this lamp in my home and decided to stay together in this one spot. I wonder if I could count them. There are so many. Guests may think I'm a terrible housekeeper, but I enjoy stopping to observe them as I walk by doing chores or gathering the mail. I could suck them up in the vacuum cleaner, but I can't think of any harm they are doing except to the small insects that get trapped in their cobwebby snares.

During the night, the light from this same lamp attracts our pale, house geckos to the outside foyer to snap up the insects-- also attracted to the light. Just think of the small dramas happening in this small space between these small creatures.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: