Thursday, November 26, 2009

At Home




Oh, yes. I was at home among these huge rock formations at Petit Jean State Park, and it was even chilly enough to wear the fingerless mittens I made while snapping photographs and touching the rocks. We hiked Bear Cave Trail, Rock House Cave Trail, and visited a few overlooks including one over the rushing Cedar Falls. We saw rocks shaped liked turtle shells, skull caves, pictographs and a grinding stone left by Native Americans at Rock Cave, and buzzards soaring off the cliffs just feet away from us.

Today I am thankful for enormous rocks, trees, leaves, buzzards, fresh air, and rushing, falling water that sparks imaginations and souls-- and my community of family and friends.

1 comment:

Sarah Campbell said...

Nice, nice images. I especially like the tri-color image in the middle.