Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Research




On Tuesday morning, I chaperoned a field trip of fourth graders to the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science and the Davis Planetarium in Jackson. They were required to take notes about sea creatures and other animals in field study booklets prepared by one of the teachers, and they took notes with gusto! They could have taken pages and pages of notes. I had to pry a couple of girls away from taking notes about bats so that we could meet the rest of the group by the appointed meeting time.

When I was a girl, I liked to play "research" with my encyclopedias and magazines. I made up assignments for my little sister. I took notes on articles and wrote summaries. I walked to the library most days during the summer to do research and read. No wonder I ended up being a librarian!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: