Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Going Home

I expect to see lots of these today on the six hour drive from Mississippi to Arkansas. We are going west and north, so I hope the trees in Arkansas are even prettier than here. They might have already peaked, but I'll be looking out the window to see. I have my knitting, some reading, and some thinking/writing to do.

This will be my first trip to Arkansas in about 3 years. It stretches my soul back in time to childhood and college days. The memories are pulling me in even before I have left this home of family and friends. This is home, but Arkansas is "home home." I always feel different when I am there.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Angela said...

"Home home" will be glad to see you again! Have a wonderful holiday!

Jen said...

Have a safe journey and a very happy Thanksgiving!