Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Morning

This morning, Hobson and I were the first ones up. He read to me-- What do you do with a Tail Like This by Robin Page and Steve Jenkins. I finished Kate Dicamillo's The Tale of Despereaux soon to be released in movie form. And, I can't wait to start reading The Underneath by Kathi Appelt that just arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon.

We had homemade waffles for breakfast. And now, my sister is at the dining room table sewing some p.j.'s, the guys are playing with their computers and listening to music, the children are playing hide-and-go-seek, I'm blogging, and no one is cooking or watching football! How do we manage that?

Actually, I am about to make the sweet potatoes and a batch of rolls. Bryan is making shrimp jambalaya later. We'll throw together a salad and some sugar snap peas. Desert is apple dumplings with vanilla bean ice cream. Not your traditional Thanksgiving meal.




No comments: