Saturday, July 25, 2009

Weaving in the Ends



My knitting buddy tagged me with finishing the log cabin blanket we've been knitting together. While we started out switching off the knitting, roughly week by week, my looser gauge became apparent as the strips grew longer. She finished the knitting, and I get to weave in all the ends. She did a wonderful job with the knitting, the blanket is beautiful, and it will make a perfect gift for our mutual friend.

I've got more loose ends to weave in than on this blanket in the next few weeks. I've slated next week as an intensive time of cleaning-out and organizing around the house. I already started with my son's room, and it is so much better. There was stuff to throw away, stuff to donate, and stuff to move to the attic.

I need to do the same thing with the library at school. My book orders came in, and I can't wait to prepare and catalog the books for my students. Old books need to be weeded. Broken books need to be repaired. And I'm trying to come up with a new and exciting floor plan. That will be the following week's task when work officially starts on August 4th.

The school uniforms, new shoes, and school supplies are bought. Summer reading projects are in process.

This summer is is about to be woven into a new school year. . .



Posted by Picasa

No comments: