Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekend creativity

On Friday, I bought the necessary supplies to do real block-printing-- a set of Speedball lino-carving tools and some Speedball Speedy-Cut blocks. I've been doing Styrofoam printing learned at LifeShards for too long! I made two blocks-- one in honor of someone getting ordained to the priesthood tomorrow (A.C.) and one for someone having a birthday tomorrow (B.L.). I have been inspired by Rachel and Emmie's block-printing! They are both wayyyyy better than me, but it is fun to start something new and learn how to use new materials. I watched this YouTube video this morning to get me started.



I've also knitted here and there-- finishing one more square for whatever the natural, green, and blue log cabin project will become (a blanket or a table runner?) and starting a log-cabin dishcloth for someone special (C. O.) who will help me with the children next weekend.

The exploration into sewing and quilting continues. I bought some new fabric on Friday, and I can't wait to turn it into something. Sometimes, I go shopping with a project in mind. Sometimes, I let the fabric tell me what it wants to be. I found myself buying primary colors-- red, yellow, and blue. I liked the old-fashioned look of these fabrics. And, I loved the red fabric with cats, dogs, ducks, chickens, and rabbits reading stories. It may be hard to see, but the butterflies also look like little flying books. I'm thinking this might make something nice for my library.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: