Sunday, May 24, 2009

Summer Sewing Started


I woke up on Saturday morning with the urge to sew. My dining room table has had two sewing machines on it since December-- and piles of fabric, scissors, thread, needles, etc. Now, at the end of the May and the beginning of summer, I am finally getting to some projects! Yesterday, I turned out three small projects for gift-giving. This morning, I sewed my first pair of shorts! Feelings of accomplishment abound.

My daughter caught the sewing bug, too. She whipped up three mini tote bags for three hand-stamped journals for herself and two friends. One bag and journal made it to a birthday party on Saturday morning, while the other two were finished on Sunday.

I love blank journals waiting for words, sentences, ideas, sketches, poems, lists-- whatever. I love these journals with their butterflies, and I love their little fabric homes of flowers and pockets. What will three 9- (and almost 9) year-old girls write in them?

"It's secret, Mom."

Yes, I remember that.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i have a TON of stamps and cool paper that i am not using. i would love to give them to M.E. if she is interested. MISS you.