Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bread Patchwork




My children and I pieced and sewed together on Sunday morning (I did all of the rotary cutting). We had great fun choosing the fabric and even more fun playing with how the squares of color and pattern would work together and be put together (a mini art lesson). I finished this bread quilt (pattern and instructions here from Blue Yonder). We did not quilt the top yet, but I may go back and hand quilt it. Machine quilting still scares me.

All on her own, my daughter finished one to give to her grandmother. My son is still sewing his, with more than a little help from me, to give to his teddy bear, Sammy. The bread is Portuguese White Bread from our favorite bread machine cookbook. It is the standard recipe that we make several times a week.

My daughter took the first photo, and my son took the second photo.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Beth Lasley said...

This is really pretty. I really do like the orange fabric. Great that you did it all together. I think I may get Jessie a sewing machine for her summer birthday. She wants to use mine, but I am a little scared to let her use it. I am assuming H is using ME's. We are also making that bread every week.

Jen said...

Wow! You did it! I love the colors, and I love that son and daughter helped! If you have time next week (we get back Thursday night, and I have to jump on getting a sermon ready for Sunday!), I'd love to resume my tutorials... Beautiful work!

Jen said...

Wow! You did it! I love the colors, and I love that son and daughter helped! If you have time next week (we get back Thursday night, and I have to jump on getting a sermon ready for Sunday!), I'd love to resume my tutorials... Beautiful work!