Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Random Act of Reading



I have so many things I could blog about today. We had a wonderful time at the Casey garden this morning. My sister is here (and she brought her sewing machine all the way from Arkansas). When I was about to discard the marigold that my daughter put in an empty water bottle, we found roots all over it, and the milkweed seeds at Casey were erupting out of their pods.

But I loved the moments photographed above. My son was waiting for the garden activities at Casey to begin. He brought Diary of a Wimpy Kid with him to read. It is probably a little difficult for him, but he sat quietly for a good chunk of time working on it. His older sister had started reading it to him this morning before I was even ready to say "good morning."

Random acts of reading are random acts of kindness to our souls and our minds. Seeing a child engaged with a book makes my day.

Posted by Picasa